The Infectious Diseases Scholars program provides a stipend for travel and living expenses for a 1 month research or clinical elective experience that is specifically designed for work in Infectious Diseases.
We seek to promote diversity and inclusion by providing scholarships to qualified medical students or residents from historically underrepresented backgrounds in the medical profession.
One to two of the positions will be available for clinical research opportunities with faculty mentors who work with immunocompromised patients at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Application Form
- Copy of medical school transcript
- Personal Statement (total of 1 page):
- Describe your career goals and how a research and/or clinical work experience in Infectious Diseases augments your plans.
- One of the goals of this scholarship is to foster diversity in the Department of Medicine and Division of AID at UW, and its affiliated training programs such as Infectious Disease Sciences Program at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Briefly describe your background and career path with regards to opportunities and life experiences that are related to individual, institutional, and societal diversity.
- Letters of Recommendation. Please provide two letters of recommendation from clinical or research mentors. Although no previous experience is required, letter s from research mentors are welcome if available.